According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, heart disease kills more than 325,000 people a year. But you can lower your risk—and eating a heart-healthy diet is a good place to start. To follow a balanced, healthy heart diet, we need to eat veggies, fruit, grains, nuts, and seeds on a regular basis. Below is an infographic by Cleveland Clinic with best foods for powering your heart.
- Green leafy vegetables: Green leaf vegetable like spinach, fenugreek, radish leaves, lettuce, etc. are healthy and are known to reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancer as well.
- Oats: One the healthiest options available for breakfast. Not only do they make you feel full and energetic, they are great for your heart.
- Whole grains: Whole grains wheat, millet, pulses and even beans are good for the heart because they provide natural fiber and vitamins for your heart.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is one of the healthiest oils available, whose consumption is actually good for the heart. Having olive oil as a regular part of your diet helps in lowering (bad cholesterol) in the body.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are the good source of vitamins and helps in purifying blood. Regular consumption of tomatoes is known to reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Apples: An apple a day will surely keep doctor away because they contain quercetin. It also helps in prevention of blood clots.
- Almonds: Almond is known to lower cholesterol level in the body and heart diseases.